Learn how to make Flamiche recipe step by step! This is a traditional recipe from the North of France. It is easy and delicious as well.
How To Make Flamiche
Learn how to make the best Flamiche French cuisine recipe step by step! You should serve this dish at special occasions. It is quite simple and easy actually! This is a must try recipe, please do try this dish, if you love it please let us know via comments!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- ½ cup warm milk
- 4 tbsp soft butter
- 3 eggs (including one for the dough)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. maroilles
- ¾ cup creme fraiche
- 2 pinches salt
- First of all, dissolve the yeast in warm milk. Make a well in the flour and pour the milk/yeast mixture, one egg, and melted butter. Now mix and knead slightly until getting an elastic dough.
- Upon formation of the dough, add the salt and knead for 3 minutes. Form a ball. Make sure you cover the dough and let rise for one hour at room temperature and away from drafts.
- Preheat oven to 410 F. Roll out the dough and place on a 12" tart pan. Prick the dough, cover and let it rise again for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the two remaining eggs and the creme fraiche. Add salt and pepper. Spread ¾ of this mixture over the dough, add slices of maroilles, and pour over the last quarter of the egg and creme fraiche mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Your homemade Flamiche is ready to serve! Enjoy!