Do try this mouth-watering vegetarian Cauliflower Shawarma from Middle Eastern recipe at home.
How To Make Cauliflower Shawarma With Tahini, Pine Nuts & Pomegranate Recipe | Middle Eastern
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 1⁄2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground sumac
- 1 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp ground allspice
- 1⁄8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt, plus more
- 1 whole head of cauliflower, stem trimmed, leaves left intact
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp dried rose petals, lightly crushed
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, stir 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice with the butter, cilantro, cinnamon, sumac, cumin, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, and half the garlic.
- In a large pan of boiling salted water, cook the cauliflower until the stem can be just pierced with a knife, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and transfer to a cutting board. Rub the cauliflower all over with the spiced butter and transfer to the grill. Cook, turning as needed, until charred and blackened all over, about 10 minutes, and transfer to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the remaining 1⁄4 cup lemon juice and garlic with the 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, the tahini, and 3 tablespoons ice-cold water until smooth. Drizzle the tahini sauce over the cauliflower and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, parsley, and pine nuts. Drizzle with the pomegranate molasses and sprinkle with the rose petals before serving.