Today we’re going to make homemade Nutella recipe that is even better and healthier than the original. This fun recipe will blow your mind, tastes 1000 times better than the original. You will love this homemade Nutella. Dora pancake with Nutella is one of the healthy fun breakfast for kids. Pancakes can be served with honey on top and some delicious berries but Dora pancakes are different.
- 8 ounces Hazelnuts
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Hazelnut Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and spread them out into a single layer. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they brown lightly. Remove the tray at the 5-minute mark and give the nuts a toss for evening browning. Let the nuts cool for 10 minutes before proceeding.
- Place the hazelnuts on a kitchen or tea towel and rub vigorously with hands or on a smooth surface to help loosen the skin. If some of the skin doesn’t come off, that’s okay. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20-second increments, stopping the microwave and stirring in between until the chocolate melts. Mine took about 40 seconds.
- Add the hazelnuts to a food processor and let the processor run for 2-3 minutes or until smooth, glossy paste forms. Add the vanilla, salt, cocoa powder, melted chocolate, and ⅓ cup powdered sugar for less sweet Nutella at a ½ cup for sweeter Nutella. Let the food processor run for 1 ½ – 2 minutes while you slowly drizzle in the oil through the food processor opening. Keep in mind the Nutella will be runny when you stop the machine but will thicken as it cools.
- Place Nutella in a mason jar or any resealable container and keep at room temperature for up to 1 month (if it actually lasts that long!)
For the oil, we suggest using a nut/seed oil such as almond, walnut, hazelnut, or sunflower. If you can’t find these, other options are coconut, corn, and vegetable.
Though chocolate chips will work for this recipe.
You can also try Elisia‘s Homemade Nutella Recipe on her beautiful blog! Follow her blog on Instagram and learn delicious recipes!
Homemade Nutella recipe is one of the best dessert recipe to make at home. It is better and healthier than the original. This recipe is quite different. Make healthy pancakes and serve with homemade healthy Nutella for breakfast.
You can also add berries and honey on top of pancakes for a light and healthy breakfast. Hope you like this recipe, try it and let us know via comments.
Homemade Nutella recipe is one of the best dessert recipe to make at home. It is better and healthier than the original. This recipe is quite different. Make healthy pancakes and serve with homemade healthy Nutella for breakfast. You can also add berries and honey on top of pancakes for a light and healthy breakfast. Hope you like this recipe, try it and let us know via comments.