First of all, Chanay ki daal ka halwa (dessert) is one of the best Pakistani recipes. This wonderful recipe is made of split chickpeas ( chanay ki daal ), almonds, pistachios, and crushed coconuts. Why this recipe is beneficial? Because we have added some healthy dried fruits. Dried fruits are good for mental and physical health so that is the only reason we will garnish the dessert with dry fruits.
Also find more interesting nutritional value of yellow split peas by Michele Turcotte.
Health benefits of split chickpeas (Chanay ki daal)
The split chickpea ( chanay ki daal ) is an annual legume and it has many health benefits some are given below.
- Chickpeas are high in fiber and are good for people with diabetes.
- Chickpeas are rich in iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and vitamin K. Eating chickpeas can help you maintain bone structure and strength.
- Chickpeas are low in sodium (low salt) which can help you maintain low blood pressure.
- The high fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B-6 content all support heart health.
- The mineral selenium is not present in most fruits and vegetables, it can be found in chickpeas. Selenium prevents inflammation and decreases tumor growth rates.
- Including chickpeas in the diet lowers the amount of bad cholesterol in the blood.
- The choline in chickpeas helps with sleep, muscle movement, learning, and memory.
- Chickpeas help to prevent constipation and promote regularity for a healthful digestive tract.
- Maybe eating chickpeas on a regular basis can decrease the risk of obesity, overall mortality, diabetes, heart disease, promotes a healthful complexion, healthful hair, increased energy, and overall lower weight.
One cup of cooked chickpeas contains:
- 269 calories
- 45 g of carbohydrate
- 15 g of protein
- 13 g of dietary fiber
- 4 g of fat
- 0 g of cholesterol
Legumes contain oligosaccharides known as galactans, or complex sugars that the body cannot digest because it lacks the enzyme alpha-galactosidase. This enzyme is needed to break these sugars down. As a result, the consumption of legumes such as chickpeas has been known to cause some people intestinal gas and discomfort.
Anyone who experiences symptoms when eating legumes should introduce them into their diet slowly. Another option is to drain the water used to soak dried legumes. This removes two oligosaccharides, raffinose, and stachyose, and eliminates some of the digestive issues.
Find more wonderful recipes on CookToFood
Chanay ki daal ka halwa is one of the best Pakistani recipe. Make sure you read the benefits and risks of split chickpeas.
Hope you like the recipe, let us know via comments.
Chanay ki daal ka halwa is one of the best Pakistani recipe. Make sure you read the benefits and risks of split chickpeas. Hope you like the recipe, let us know via comments.