Cauliflower shawarma with tahini, pine nuts, and pomegranate is one of the best Middle Eastern recipes. I’m pretty impressed with this recipe because it is made from healthy vegetable (cauliflower), pine nuts, and fruits.
Cauliflower shawarma is a brilliant vegetarian barbecue dish! We are 1000 times sure your mouth will love the different flavors of pomegranate, tahini, butter, rose petals and pine nuts in one bite only!
This fun recipe is also well written by Josh Katz on TheHappyFoodie.co.uk. Follow the blog and find the best health tips and delicious recipes.
Health benefits of pomegranate
Pomegranate juice has many health benefits. Drinking it on a regular basis will help you to stay fit. The top 7 health benefits of pomegranate are given below.
- Pomegranate contains vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin E. Pomegranate juice contains higher levels of antioxidants and helps prevent cancer.
- Drinking pomegranate juice can reduce inflammation in the gut and improve digestion.
- Its juice is a powerful anti-inflammatory because of its high concentration of antioxidants which also helps protect memory and Alzheimer disease.
- Its juice protects the heart and arteries.
- Drinking pomegranate juice daily may also help lower systolic blood pressure.
- It can prevent illness and fight off infection.
- Drinking 8 ounces of pomegranate juice a day may improve learning and memory.
Health benefits of pine nuts
As you know pine nuts are rich in magnesium, iron, high in fat, copper, manganese, potassium, protein and vitamin B6 and have many health benefits which are given below.
- Even though pine nuts are high in fat, eating pine nuts on a daily basis can help your weight loss efforts.
- Eating pine nuts can lower the risk of having a heart attack.
- Pine nuts contain the antioxidant lutein which helps with the prevention of eye diseases.
- Pine nuts can help to boost your energy.
Nutritional value of Cauliflower
It contains many nutrients such as calories, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium which is a good thing! Try to add more cauliflower to your diet.
It is a must try dinner recipe. Find more vegetarian wonderful recipes on CookToFood.com and let us know via comments.
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 1⁄2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground sumac
- 1 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp ground allspice
- 1⁄8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt, plus more
- 1 whole head of cauliflower, stem trimmed, leaves left intact
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp dried rose petals, lightly crushed
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, stir 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice with the butter, cilantro, cinnamon, sumac, cumin, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, and half the garlic.
- In a large pan of boiling salted water, cook the cauliflower until the stem can be just pierced with a knife, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and transfer to a cutting board. Rub the cauliflower all over with the spiced butter and transfer to the grill. Cook, turning as needed, until charred and blackened all over, about 10 minutes, and transfer to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the remaining 1⁄4 cup lemon juice and garlic with the 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, the tahini, and 3 tablespoons ice-cold water until smooth. Drizzle the tahini sauce over the cauliflower and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, parsley, and pine nuts. Drizzle with the pomegranate molasses and sprinkle with the rose petals before serving.